Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 1 15 11:41 AM

Tags : :

Hey guys,

first off, I really love what you guys are doing, even to the point that I'd love to help you. However, I'm really new to modding (really new as in I downloaded the CK last week). I've navmeshed some stuff from another guy's mod and I've replaced some textures, but that's about it. Still, I would love to support you guys in some way. So, is there anything I could do to help you guys with the development of SoM? I wouldn't mind being "the guy who navmeshes all day" or something, I just really want to help this mod become as awesome as it could be.

Keep up the good work!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 1 15 4:50 PM

Hey, welcome.
Navmeshing is surely helpful, but it kinda pointless at the moment since the landscape is the main priority. If you know how to navmesh I'm pretty sure it would be really easy to you to learn cluttering.

ロウヒーロー
以降は外見も聖者の様な姿となった。

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 2 15 12:10 AM

I'll take a look at cluttering then. Unfortunately, all my lectures are on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so it may take a few days until I can help.

EDIT: Aren't you guys done with landscaping in certain locations though?

Last Edited By: Tanais Mar 2 15 12:17 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 2 15 2:35 AM

Don't worry, we all got either work or school to think about.
Yes, we've done a ton of landscaping, but there's still a lot of stuff do to. However, since landscaping might be a little harder for someone that has just started using the CK, you may want to try cluttering a bit first.
Or, if you wish, you can take your time and learn to do some landscaping. It's not really hard, you just need patience.

If you need a guide: http://www.creationkit.com

Also, let me know if I can be of help. I'm not a CK super-wizard, but I do know my way around image

ロウヒーロー
以降は外見も聖者の様な姿となった。

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 2 15 8:39 AM

Yes, but you can get the basics of the CK' functions.
From there, landscaping is just a matter of practice. I actually learned it without any guide, just by trying.

Anyway, I've sent a message to 3AMt, he will get in touch soon.

ロウヒーロー
以降は外見も聖者の様な姿となった。

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Mar 3 15 6:54 AM

That's great.
In the end, you mainly need to know:

- How to draw grass;
- How to shape the terrain;
- How to properly use the objects' window;
- How to set Map Markers;
- How to rotate items, modify them and change their intensity (lights and effects);
- How to import new assets (if needed).

That's for small areas. Bigger areas are a different thing, you may want to start with small stuff.
Let me know if you need help.

ロウヒーロー
以降は外見も聖者の様な姿となった。

Last Edited By: LorSakyamuni Mar 3 15 7:02 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Mar 3 15 10:07 AM

LorSakyamuni wrote:
In the end, you mainly need to know:
- How to draw grass;
- How to shape the terrain;
- How to properly use the objects' window;
- How to set Map Markers; 
- How to rotate items, modify them and change their intensity (lights and effects);
- How to import new assets (if needed).

- How to draw grass: If you mean applying the right textures (with or without grass), =small✓
- How to shape the terrain: ✓
- How to properly use the objects' window: I can find what I need in a relatively short time, does that qualify as properly?
- How to set map markers: Err... I'll Google it - Googled. It's simple.
- Rotate, modify and change intensity of items: Rotating and modifying is no problem, however, I haven't looked into lighting yet.
- How to import new assets: Nope. Sorry. Nothing.

I have a lot of things I can still learn, yay!

Last Edited By: Tanais Mar 3 15 1:18 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Mar 3 15 1:47 PM

Importing assets is only needed if you have custom .nifs, it's not really a must.
Well, regarding the objects' window, it's good to know how to navigate into it fast, not only searching. But there's no hurry for that anyway.
Other than this, it seems to me that you have a significant knowledge afterall. As soon as 3AMt is on he'll give you further details on what you can do.

By the way, to modify the intensity of the light, all you need to do is click on the light, go to the Light Data tab and change the Fade value. Don't set it more than 5.00 or it'll be just a beam of light blinding the player.

ロウヒーロー
以降は外見も聖者の様な姿となった。

Last Edited By: LorSakyamuni Mar 3 15 1:50 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help